Saturday, August 21, 2010

Road Trip....

Let me just say that, I love my life. I love my husband. I love my girls. I love our home. But, I have to admit that after so many days of the same day in day out routine, of time when my husband must leave us so often to go do work that not many can do, a girl just needs a change of scene. You know what I mean??? When those times come, the best cure is a road trip! That's right. I said it. R-O-A-D T-R-I-P. Now, I love a good road trip. I just love the whole get out of dodge feeling I get when we leave the streets of our wonderful little town that are familiar with memories of growing up here. Those same streets whose there's-nothing-to-do-here boredom as a teenager I wanted to escape from, but whose charm and quaintness make me feel lucky to live here now. Still, it feels so good to roam someone else's neck of the woods, wondering what life is like among their streets. And what memories are held dear by the people who live there. Love it! So, we packed up our stuff, and hit the road.


Our fearless leader diving the entire 3000 miles (round trip) by himself. Love you, honey...

Photobucket


The view from my seat...

Photobucket


We made a point of visiting Grandpa on our journey, and got to see our cousin, too!

Photobucket

It was fun and so good to see the girls laughing and playing with their cousin as if 1600 miles didn't separate them.

Photobucket




Three kids, six states, eleven days...Not bad, huh? We camped some, stayed in hotels some, visited too far away family, and had a lot of fun seeing just a small part, really, of this amazing country of ours. Just what I needed- a concentrated together-time, family adventure.

2 comments:

  1. 3000 miles! That sounds awesome! Glad you could get away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had me at road trip! your family is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete