Thursday, November 18, 2010

More...

Tonight I cried myself to sleep from the wanting more... more peace, more of me to go around, more energy to say yes when Princess Sunshine Buttercup asks me to read to her, or when Princess Me Too says in her sweet baby way, "pawk, pawk."

It was one of those days, only it seems those days keep coming in, like waves crashing the shore during a storm. I want to be a better Mom. I want to do homework with the big girls without frustration biting the edge of my voice, because dinner needs to be made, baby needs attention, laundry needs doing, and the garbage is over flowing. Not to mention, we need to leave for dance or Girl Scouts in about 5 minutes, and someone lost a shoe. We are always rushing it seems. The threat of lateness looming heavy on my head. My old mantra of one foot in front of the other isn't cutting it right now. The waves keep coming. I need a break in the action. Some time to come up for air. Thank God Thanksgiving break is coming. We'll be traveling, but at least it'll be a different kind of busy, that'll include some real ocean waves, and maybe a bit of snow. We'll be with family, and someone else will be cooking. All of which, I am already thankful for.

So, for today, I will be adding just breathe to my one foot in front of the other, and will pray for grace to cover the rest.

Peace. {exhale}

3 comments:

  1. Praying you found the grace to cover you. I remember when I had to let go of the "one foot in front of the other" song playing in my head and just stop. It was just for a bit. We did nothing for a day -- I reclaimed just a few moments of time. And it was lovely.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you tonight. Praying that each breath and foot in front of each other was filled with grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel...I am amazed at the grace that has come since I wrote this post. Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts. I checked out your blog...it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete