Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summertime {and the living is easy} ...

Summertime...that magical season when time itself used to slow to a crawl, and warm sun soaked days eased into cool violet hued evenings. When life brimmed to overflowing with the ease of good friends and family fun. Growing up, summertime meant running across the yard, jumping through the sprinkler as it's arch ticked from one side to the next, stray pieces of grass sticking to your feet as you slipped through the spray again and again. This summer I get to witness the joys of summer through the eyes of my girls.

Photobucket

There is something so satisfying in knowing that some things never change. Like the fact that all any kid really needs to enjoy the magic of summer is sunshine and a hose. You know what they say...you can lead a kid to water and they will play for hours, having the time of their lives.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

The laughter and giggles, priceless. I wonder if my own parents relished the same sense of the timelessness of summer fun. Because, as a kid, I never looked beyond the moment. I never wondered when it would end. I just soaked it all in with an insatiable appetite for more.


In these sweet, freckled faces I recognize that same hungry appetite, and it is good!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment