Sunday, January 2, 2011

Photobucket


Oh my...we brought Audrey to the ER the day after Christmas, on the heels of a blur of a drive home after a busy trip to Idaho. She was so sick. I started this journey already worn out and really should have been terrified but truly before fear set in my dear friend Lisa was there by my side. Through out this whole week members of our church body have come forward and became the physical, tangible hands of God holding us all. It is as if a safety net was thrown beneath us and all I needed to was lean into it. To rest in it. God wove that net using the prayers and words and bodies of so many of our friends and acquaintances. It wasn't long ago that I would not have known how to rest in His arms like this. Oh the sweetness of resting there... How strange to be this exhausted, yet feel the blessing of His rest. What a mystery. I am glad of the mysteries of God. I am glad to shake off the strife of straining to understand His ways. Rest. It is a word spoken to me years ago, and I am still amazed by what God has done in my rest. When I let my fists, worn out and tired of fighting, fall to my sides, and lean into rest. Oh, how sweet the rest feels. It is the honey to my lips; the coolness of still waters; the calm in middle of the storm. Praise you, Father, Sustainer, Lifter of my head. Praise you for your rest. Praise you for your body. Praise your name for healing my child.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful peaceful post after such strife. You are an amazing woman!!

    ReplyDelete