Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sunshine and sisters...

Every thing started out fine this morning, but by the time we needed to head off to school, we were for sure going to be late. I hate being late. That is not the same as saying I am punctual. More just that I get stressed and anxious, and tend to lash out when running late. In fact, I am always rushing it seems. And today, the rush was on. So, as I pulled into the drop off circle I had to shoo the girls out of the car by themselves. Just as they got out, sure enough the bell rang. And even though, we've been late before, watching the two of them this morning made me feel like crying. Probably because I wasn't able to walk with them like normal, and I felt the tears well as I drove away. For the rest of the day, I felt unsettled, and worried that they started their day so stressed.

By the time school was out, I was prepared to apologize to them for being late, and for lecturing them about being late while reassuring them that being late is not the end of the world. And, ok, the thought of a trip to the snack shop for some chocolate forgiveness had entered my mind. But that proved to not be necessary, as both girls came out of class happy and cheerful. I blame the sun actually. Because today I totally expected it to be cold and gloomy like it has been for days, like I was this morning, but it turned out to be bright and sunny. I decided to not mention the snack shop, and opted to ride the wave of their good cheer home, through homework packets, and out into the back yard, where they drank up the sun eagerly, and I marveled as I watched it feed their souls. Watching them at play, blew the cobwebs of my own gloominess away in a flash, and I felt filled as well.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Sunny afternoons are the perfect time to learn something new.... Like how to stick your tongue out at someone. (Thanks, big sister. I'm sure this new talent won't come back to haunt you)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I cannot wait for warmth like that here.

    And by the way, thank you for your prayers for my Samuel. I apologize that it has taken me sooooo long to get my thanks to you. He is just now perking up to his old self, and now I have time to give much needed thanks.

    God's blessings!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete