

Someone asked me the other day if I liked to garden. I stood there for a moment trying to formulate an answer that did justice to both my desire to have a beautifully manicured garden and the futility of said endeavor given the presence of my three girls, and my eyes scanned my backyard, noting each good intended beginning I had made to plant sweet smelling, brightly hued loveliness; to bring the wilderness outside my back door into submission. There, amidst the dainty white blossoms and in the shadow of the birch trees, were my sweet smelling, brightly hued girls, who had ripped out flowers and weeds alike as they proceeded to create a rock school- not as in guitars riffs and drum beats, but as in actual rocks. As we both stood there looking at their progress, all I could say was, "Yes. I grow imagination."
awww... I love how beautifully you described the life you live. It makes motherhood beautiful and exciting.
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of your letting go and giving in to the everyday wonders of your life...
It is a good reminder for me, as sometimes I forget, now that my kids are getting older.