Thursday, April 29, 2010
Things I Love...
So, I'm not a big fan of favorites- much to my husband's consternation, who just can't get that for me, throwing around the word favorite willy nilly is both reckless and, oh I don't know...binding? Favorites is one thing, but things I love? Well, that's much easier. I love the way rain smells on dry dusty asphalt after a warm dry spell. I love the way my baby's warm squishy body cradles my shoulder when I am rocking her to sleep, her sweet baby fragrance circling the air between us. I love listening to the Violent Femmes while driving with the windows down in my car on a warm still-spring, not-quite-summer afternoon with the wind blowing my hair and the sun tickling my cheeks. I love smelling my big girls' stinky feet when I sneak in to give them one last kiss before I go to sleep- a remnant of their baby hoods, which seem to be slipping through my fingers as if I were trying to hold the wind. I love old movies on cold, blustery days. I love dusty old antique stores that have rows and rows of dusty old trinkets from days gone by. And, speaking of dusty old, I love, love, love, the smell of old worn books, and the crispness of their yellowed pages that haven't seen the light of day in who knows how long. Yes, I could go on an on about the things I love... just don't ask me to choose my favorite.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment