



So, today instead of heading off to church, we headed off to the park. After packing the trunk full of park essentials... sand toys, shovels, tape measure, an American flag (don't ask), scooters, and loading three squirmy girls into the car, we shoved off. Our first stop was Starbucks, as all good adventures should begin with a tasty beverage. Half way up the hill to the park, I was fingers-crossed wishing there would be no little league gamers that would surely spill out a multitude of craziness into the park. Because, although I had jumped onto the let's-go-to-the-park-instead-of-church band wagon last night at bedtime, I was still hoping for the peace and quiet of a good sabbath morn. Turns out, Sunday mornings are the perfect time for park going. And, today was oh so beautiful. Sun shining, a picnic blanket spread out on the grass, kids happily scooting by, pumping legs, digging sand, quiet, breezy, ahhhh... That's why I'm easy, easy like Sunday morning...
No comments:
Post a Comment