Saturday, May 22, 2010

Treasures...


This morning I got to do one of my favorite things...garage sailing! Not that I actually frequent garage sales. In fact, I should be clearing out closets and sifting through toy boxes myself. But there is just something about a driveway lined with stuff that puts a spring in my step. So, as I was walking out the door, I asked my husband for whatever cash he had in his wallet cause I was going out and, gosh darn it, I was going to buy something. I didn't know what, but I was going to peruse someone else's stuff and find at least one thing, some forgotten, overlooked thing, and make it mine. Heaven knows I don't need one more plastic dinosaur to pick up, and I have more brightly patterned sundresses than any three girls could possibly wear this summer, but I was betting money I just might find that one completely unexpected, have-to-have-something-or-other, thing. Because, after all, it was Saturday morning, and I actually went to bed last night knowing that when I woke up I had this plan to get up and go. Plus, I had promised I would return with donuts. So finding a new treasure to boot would just make the morning...perfect. And, turns out I didn't even need honey's cash, because I scored this baby for three bucks!


Photobucket


And, speaking of treasures... we decided to head to the park to take her for a spin (after our donuts of course!), and there were more treasures to be found.
Photobucket


Audrey has an eagle eye for all things forgotten and overlooked. She finds treasure everywhere. I love that about her.
Photobucket



Katelyn loved building this bucket of flower goodness with Nana. She's our treasure for sure.
Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. That little pram is a wonderful find! I love garage sales too!!! My favorite Sat morning thing to do...with my hot chai latte.
    Love you and your girls Christie. You are a great mama.

    ReplyDelete